Sterling Products Limited was incorporated as a Public Limited Liability Company on October 15, 1954 with an authorized share capital of 200,000 ordinary shares with a par value of $10. It commenced operations with the production of Margarine, Lard, Ghee and Soap. Export of our products commenced with Golden Cream Margarine being exported to Dominica in November 1957.
The production of detergent began in 1967 and Butter (Golden Dairy Butter) in 1969.
The Company embarked on revitalizing its operations in 1973 by modification of the soap plant and commissioning of a new plant to improve production of edible fats. It also commissioned a new plant and a cold room for Ice Cream production and a three year contract was made with Banks DIH for the distribution of Bimbo Ice Cream. The Company continued to improve its operation in 1974 by acquiring a Versator to improve the quality and quantity of detergent produced. It also acquired machinery for packaging margarine in tubs in this year.